A new torch acting up feels more like torture. Most of us have had this kind of experience with torches and can attest to the feeling. In this case, you can opt for a soldering torch to save time and lots of trouble instead of fixing or replacing. A soldering torch would be a great addition to your home took kit since torches are versatile. This will allow you to effortlessly light grills when there’s a party and draw away any plumbing problems.
You are at the right place if you are not looking to waste any dollar on the wrong torch! Read on. We did the legwork for you and narrowed down the options to bring you the best torch for soldering on the market. Here’s a round-up of some of the best torch for soldering coper pipe.
What’s the Best Torch for Soldering Copper Pipe?
There are different types of torches for soldering copper pipe. The best ones on the market are the propane powered ones and have the flame control feature. The torch will need a refill since the flames are intense and tend to heat up the pipes quite fast to finish the tasks at hand.
Best Torch for Soldering Copper Pipe
BUY ON AMAZON
Bernzomatic High Intensity Trigger Start Torch is handheld, versatile and user-friendly. This torch for soldering pipe has it all. It has a feature that allows you to have full control of the size of the flame so that you can only use one torch between other types of applications. The flame control knob is equally adjustable to allow you to do different activities simultaneously without switching the torches. It features an automatic start and stop ignition button for ease of extinguishing the flame with a touch of a button. Besides, you can multitask when soldering the pipes is easy since you only need to use one hand.
Bernzomatic High Intensity Trigger Start Torch provides superior heat output thanks to the ultra-swirl flame. This means that you comfortably work on a bigger surface heat treating, soldering, light welding and brazing with no pressure. It’s offers long-lasting durability since it’s made with cast aluminium. This torch can also withstand minor damages when it falls or drops. However, you need to take proper care of this torch to get the most in terms of output.
Bernzomatic High Intensity Triger Start Torch additionally features an in-built valve that helps regulate pressure to ensure it performs perfectly well even when tilted or inverted temporarily. This means that the flame output will still be the same if you tilt it in different degrees when soldering in congested areas. It also has a lock button that ensures the torch stays lit for a finger-free use after ignition, so you can relax your fingers through the operation. Your focus will be on plumbing and not the torch.
- Features an adjustable flame control knob. It makes adjusting the flame to your personal specifications easy especially when conducting different projects using one torch
- Made with cast aluminium to provide long-lasting durability
- Lightweight for ease of carrying around and transportation
- Emits an ultra-swirl flame that provides maximum heat output. You can be precise even when using large amounts of heat to solder copper pipes
- Can heat pipes with large diameters efficiently and fast within a short time
- Features a pressure regulator that allows you to use it in different angles in congested areas
- Only works with specific fuel tanks
- You need to click the piezoelectric igniter more than twice for gas combustion and this tends to cause some ignition problems
Bernzomatic High Intensity Trigger Start Torch gives an outstanding high-performance that plumbers need when soldering projects.
BUY ON AMAZON
You cannot miss a plumber’s blow torch in the toolbox of those who like fixing things in the house on their own. The adjustable flame output is best suited for DIYs and other different household projects so that you don’t put your house in flames. This propane torch features an adaptable flame that can effortlessly fit on the palm since its webbed. Plus, you can easily manage the flame if you are looking to carry out small scale repairs around the house including minor diameter types like melting, heat application, soldering and thawing without causing any damage.
Worthington Trigger Start Propane Torch features a trigger-start ignition button to help ignite the flame with ease. This means that you don’t need to use any type of external lighter. However, this torch only uses propane fuel. The stainless steel burn tube allows you to reach every part of the plumbing system in your household that you want to solder with a lot of precision.
The flame control valve is a great addition to the body of this torch as it helps size the flame fast according to your personal specifications. It also extinguishes the fire automatically once the project is complete. The feature makes the Worthington Trigger Start Propane Torch flexible, ideal for a range of applications. You can do different type of heat applications using this torch including loosening rusty bolts, melting things, soldering minor diameters, thawing frozen padlocks, lighting fireplaces and fire pits when camping.
- Provides medium heat since it has a webbed flame ideal for household applications
- Produces manageable flame ideal for soldering minor diameters, thawing and repairs
- Features a valve of flame control that allows you to control the amount of flame emitted
- Relatively cheap without sacrificing durability
- Versatile as you can use it for different types of medium heat applications
Worthington Trigger Start Propane Torch only uses propane fuel
This torch doesn’t have an automatic extinguishing button so you have to control and turn off the fire manually using the adjustment knob
Worthington Trigger Start Propane Torch is not only user-friendly but also budget-friendly for those looking to save a few bucks. It has a durable structure and can be used for lighter heat applications and household repairs.
BUY ON AMAZON
Blazer GT8000 Big Shot Butane Torch is one of the best torch for soldering copper pipes. This torch is versatile and has it all which means you don’t have to use other external lighters. It’s typically an all-round gas torch that emits a precise flame. You can use it for different detailed purposes including lab applications, soldering, plumbing, dental, culinary, and brazing. It comes in handy for a range of heat applications.
Blazer GT8000 Big Shot Butane Torch features a brass-frame nozzle that’s uniquely made for flame control and safety. This means that tilting the torch doesn’t make it flare which makes it perfect for various applications. You can comfortably use this torch in congested areas since the design ensures the blow-out rate is low. The torch also has a piezoelectric ignition system that doesn’t require any electrical connections for a hassle-free start-up.
Blazer GT8000 Big Shot Butane Torch additionally features a removable tabletop base to help ensure it doesn’t topple over when you take a break. It’s stable enough to facilitate hands free usage. The adjustment knob helps control the flow of gas to your personal specifications between 1.25 to about 5 inches. Remember to adjust the flame according to the specifications of the project. The torch emits a precise flame up to a maximum of 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit allowing to perform a number of heat project applications including large scale pluming, repair work, soldering and brazing.
Blazer GT8000 Big Shot Butane Torch has a 35-minute burn time at optimal fuel volume with a 35gram continuous gas capacity. This means that the entire soldering process will be seamless and precise without overheating. However, you can only refill the gas of this torch with butane only. This makes it ideal for precise operations since they type of work done is best suited with butane as opposed to propane.
- Is flexible, making it ideal for outdoor use since the flame doesn’t flare when tilted or inverted in different angles
- The blow-out rate of this butane torch is quite low perfect for using in congested areas and when soldering pipes with tricky shapes.
- The flame is adjustable to different inches to make the flame precise
- Can reach about 2500 degrees Fahrenheit making it ideal for soldering
- This torch features a thick and stable tabletop base that facilitates a hands-free use
- Features brass nozzle for safety and flame control
- Is smaller as it can only accommodate 35grams of gas
- Not ideal for indoor use
Blazer GT8000 Big Shot Butane Torch is heavy-duty which makes it appropriate for professional and outdoor use. This torch emits an intense flame that’s perfect for light soldering things such as pipes with small diameters and others that require accurate and precise fire.
BUY ON AMAZON
Bernzomatic TS4000 Trigger Start Torch is made with top quality materials and is equally simple. It’s one of the best torch for soldering copper pipe. This classic model has been a favorite for years now. This torch emits optimal heat and also works quite fast especially when it comes to household repairs including plumbing. It’s hands down the best torch for soldering copper pipes owing to its efficiency.
Bernzomatic TS4000 Trigger Start Torch is specially designed for large scale tasks, soldering pipes with larger diameters, heat treating and brazing. You can also comfortably handle other smaller tasks with this torch. This classic Trigger Start Torch emits a swirl flame known to be the hottest of flames. It additionally provides optimal heat output and fast soldering which means the pipe tends to heat up quite fast. The torch can either use map pro fuel or butane.
Bernzomatic TS400 Trigger Start Torch additionally features a start/stop ignition button that automatically lights up. The extinguished flame, on the other hand, helps save a significant amount of fuel. The run-lock button holds the torch on to power to allow for a hands-free use so that you can focus on soldering. It features a valve that helps regulate pressure to reach all the nooks and crooks that would otherwise be impossible.
- Emits a significant amount of heat and works quite fast – fittings and repairs will take the shortest time possible
- The tornado flame or optimal twirl flame is not only efficient but also burns pretty hot
- You can take on big heat application projects not limited to soldering, brazing and large plumbing
- It comes with a run-lock button that holds the power to allow hands-free use giving you enough time to focus on the project instead of the torch
- You can achieve some very important functions that usually require heat treatment with it
- Doesn’t have an adjustable flame knob meaning the flame can flare up which can make the situation quite stressful for rookies and plumbers.
- Can only be used by professionals or those who have a certain level of expertise on this field to avoid causing damage since the flame is uncontrollable
- The igniter is not quite effective as it tends to stop working after several uses. This means that you might require an external lighter
Bernzomatic TS400 Trigger Start Torch is specially designed for the most basic heat application projects. It emits a high intensity flame powered by propane and works fast when it comes to heating up pipes. However, you need to be an expert to use it since it doesn’t come with an adjustable flame control knob.
BUY ON AMAZON
The best torch for soldering copper pipes should be multifunctional. The right kind of accessories will up your professional skills with ease. Enter Dremel 2200-01 Versa Flame Multi-Function Butane Torch! This torch is equally versatile and features unique accessories for heat deflecting, soldering, flame diffusing and heat blowing all this in one toolkit. You’ll love the fact that this torch for soldering comes with a two-year limited warranty.
Dremel 2200-01 Versa Flame Multi-Function Butane Torch provides nine different pieces of accessories. These accessories include soldering tip, sponge tin, flame diffuser, stand, blower, deflector, wrench, solder and a handy storage case made of metal for long-lasting durability. The accessories come with plenty of benefits like soldering pipes, hands-free usage, organized tools, cooking, insulating copper wires and soldering PCB boards. It’s important that you keep them safe.
Dremel 2200-01 Versa Flame Multi-Function Butane Torch additionally features an integrated ignition to start up the flame fast. This means that you don’t need to use any external lighters. The torch also has a flame control feature for flame and torch operation making it ideal for different heat application projects. You’ll need a more simplified operation for projects that take long duration to avoid tiring your fingers. Thanks to the flame-lock button that usually help lock the flame during the entire operation. What’s more, this torch for soldering is made with premium quality materials for increased durability.
- Is multifunctional and ideal for different applications including heat shrinking, electronic soldering, light and medium soldering
- Comes with different accessories for rookies and professionals alike to save time and make the job easier
- Runs for about 75 minutes consistently before refills which is a significant amount of time compared to other butane torches
- Features an adjustable flame knob to effortlessly adjust the flame for different types of heat application projects
- Features an automatic on/off ignition that is easy and quick since you only have to click once
- Is battery-operated and this means that you have to buy some extra batteries
- Has a maximum flame intensity of 2192 degrees Fahrenheit for light heat applications not ideal for medium and large soldering
Dremel 2200-01 Versa Flame Multi-Function Butane Torch is best suited for different types of heat application projects. This means that professionals and rookies can achieve a lot more with this torch. If you like going beyond and above, then this torch for soldering pipe is your best bet.
BUY ON AMAZON
Bernzomatic Trigger Start Hose Torch is one of the best torches for soldering copper pipe on the market. The manufacturer ha comfort in mind when designing this torch. The design is quite convenient to ensure you carry out different tasks with ease. What’s more, this torch is extremely comfortable on the user’s hands. The toolkit features a torch, belt holder and a 5ft. hose attached for the fuel tank. You can attach the canister to the belt. The tank is a bit heavy so you can’t carry it when soldering as it provides maximum reach to make the job accessible. Plus, the weight of the torch on your hands will be reduced significantly.
Bernzomatic Trigger Start Hose Torch is best suited for large-scale heat application projects in spaces that are hard to reach where you can’t fit the canister and the torch together. With this torch you’ll reach even the unreachable areas with ease. The overhead work and repetitive use will be manageable since fatigue will be reduced significantly when working.
Bernzomatic Trigger Start Hose Torch additionally features an adjustable flame control knob, a lock button, and an automatic on /off ignition trigger for a hands-free use and one-handed operation. It works with Max power propylene fuel and propane to enable you to use MAPP gas optimal heat for soldering. What’s more, the pressure regulator allows you to work in different directions.
- Can effortlessly reach complex spaces since the tank will not be in your way when working
- Comes with a 5ft hose that allows for a range of motion since it makes moving around with the torch easier
- The tank belt holder facilitates overhead and repetitive tasks without making you get fatigued
- Features a brass pressure regulator that helps prevent the flame from flaring in titled in different angles
- Features an adjustable flame control knob ideal for different types of heat application projects. You can adjust the heat according to the project.
- Is hard to clean owing to the extra length
- The valve tends to leak. However, you can report the issue to the company for repair or replacement.
Bernzomatic Trigger Start Hose Torch features a hose attachment that makes this handheld torch unique. It’s specially designed to help reduce fatigue especially when dealing with large scale soldering projects that are time consuming.
BUY ON AMAZON
If you are using a plumbing torch for the first time, you might want to try one that guarantees household safety when in use. It should also be efficient to allow you to take your professional skills a notch higher. Power Probe MT Micro Torch can be used for heat treating, thawing, plastic molding or forming, loosening fasteners, brazing and light soldering.
Power Probe MT Micro Torch features an electronic igniter for ease of starting it up and switching it off. It also has an adjustable flame knob that allows you to control the flame level up to a maximum of 2 ½ inches. Plus, refilling the fuel tank is such a breeze and the torch runs up to 2hours after each refill. This torch is specially designed for those who want to do automotive and home repair works.
Power Probe MT Micro Torch comes with a removable stand. This means that the torch will remain stable as you solder, reducing any chances of household damage.
- Has an electric ignition that’s straightforward and easy to operate
- Features an air hole that lets you control the flame intensity according to your personal specifications
- Uses butane and reaches a maximum of 2500F for heat shrinking, heat blowing and light soldering
- Can run consistently for two hours between refills
- Has a unique feature that typically provides flameless heat with exceptional attachments that you have to buy separately for complicated soldering such as electronics.
- Is more prone to breakage especially when it falls. Handling it requires a lot of care
- Doesn’t emit an intense flame which means it’s not ideal for soldering large diameters
Power Probe is a renowned brand that’s known all over the world for making top-quality micro torches. You can solder for long hours without any refills using this butane-powered torch and this makes it the best torch for soldering copper pipe.
BUY ON AMAZON
You can use the Ivation Trigger Start Propane Torch on any standard gas cylinder of your choice. This saves you the hassle of looking for other types of fuel as you can work with what you already have at hand. This torch is specially designed with versatility in mind and is equally compatible with US 1-inch threaded valve or CGA 600 adapter. It allows you to use MAP or regular propane gas cylinder.
Ivation Trigger Start Propane Torch is relatively small yet powerful since its propane powered and emits a significant amount of heat for different workplace and household applications. It’s best suited for handy people and those who prefer at home DIY projects. It has an ignite press-button to start up the flame for easy operation and safety. You can use one hand to ignite this torch. This torch additionally features an in-built positive and negative adjustable flame control knob that allows you to control the intensity of the gas according to the heat application project. You need to turn the dial if you want to instantly extinguish the flame.
Ivation Trigger Start Propane Torch comes with handy versatile tools for different DIY projects and repair jobs. You can use this torch for soldering pipe for mounting circuit boards, light welding, glassblowing, connecting wires and metalsmithing such as silver and gold soldering. This torch emits a regular flame up to a maximum of 4.7 inches which means you can adjust it depending on the heat application project.
- Is ergonomically designed and user-friendly especially when you have to carry it around for long hours. You’ll not feel fatigued
- MAP and propane fuel are locally available with a regular size adapter
- Can run for more than 10 minutes without turning off or overheating
- Features an adjustable flame control knob to help prevent the flames from flaring
- The length of the flame is about 4.7 inches with a heat intensity of 2372F for small diameter soldering
- Ivation Trigger Start Propane Torch is relatively cheap but less durable and under performs compared to its counterparts on the market
- This torch features a plastic frame that tends to melt fast when held closer to the fire or pits. Avoid direct heat when handling it.
Ivation Trigger Start Propane Torch is ergonically sized for ease of carrying around and is equally lightweight. If you are looking for a propane torch for at home DIY projects on a budget, then this is your best bet. It’s one of the best torches for soldering copper pipe.
BUY ON AMAZON
Busy plumbers find picking different components from different stores quite challenging. This means that a kit with all the components will be handy and this is where the Bernzomatic TS8000BZKC Premium Trigger Start Torch Kit comes in. This kit offers different components including TS8000BZKC torch and the brand’s fuel cylinder containing MAP gas. It additionally features a built-in press-button igniter for ease of starting up the fire with a click. You’ll not need an external lighter.
Bernzomatic TS8000BZKC Premium Trigger Start Torch Kit additionally features an automatic on/off option for convenience of use. You can start and quench the flame by clicking the same button. It emits blue flame that’s usually quite hot. This torch has a swirl flame that helps heat soldering pipes with precision since the flame doesn’t flare up. The MAPP gas is ideal for both heavy and medium soldering projects as it reaches up to a maximum of 3600 degrees Fahrenheit. What’s more, the MAPP gas heats up metals faster compared to other gas types.
Bernzomatic TS8000BZKC Premium Trigger Start Torch Kit is a fast result, top-quality kit on the market. It comes with a MAPP gas cylinder with a maximum burn time of about 2 hours. Besides, this torch can also use butane fuel for soldering diameters. You can use it for different heat application projects like heavy and medium soldering, heat treating, soft brazing and welding.
- Features an adjustable flame control knob to allow you to control the flame according to the heat application project
- The swirl flame is known to be the hottest heat producing flame ideal for soldering copper pipes with precision
- Heats up large diameter metals quite fast
- The MAPP gas produces intense heat ideal for soldering and brazing
- Made with cast aluminium making it lightweight and easy to carry around
- Falls on the higher side of the pricing spectrum owing to its long-lasting durability
- Features a piezoelectric igniter that’s not efficient when used for long
Bernzomatic TS8000BZKC Premium Trigger Start Torch comes with MAPP cylinder gas with high heat intensity for light welding, brazing and soldering. The kit heats up metals quite fast which means you’ll complete your operations on time.
Find the Best Torch for Soldering Copper Pipe
Honestly, there’s no one torch that has it all since they all have their pros and cons. However, in this case, the pros outweigh the cons. You can buy the best torch for soldering copper pipe depending on what you want to use it for. It’s an investment that guarantees long-lasting durability.
Here are a few factors to consider when shopping for the best torch for soldering copper pipe:
Temperature plays an important role when it comes to soldering and preheating copper pipes. To preheat pipes with large diameters, the temperature output of the torch should be high and lower for those with smaller diameters.
Type of Flame
Swirl flame is known to produce precise and high intensity heat but is ideal for professional use. Other flame types work just fine although they might take a few minutes to heat up the pipes.
The flame control feature is equally important for a number of reasons. The flame control feature allows you to effortlessly switch between different applications by turning a knob when soldering different types of pipes.
The best torch for soldering copper pipe usually have different types of ignition systems including battery-operated, electrical igniters and piezoelectric ignition systems. When choosing the best torch for soldering copper pipe, you should always go for those without any ignition problems. This is because most torches with automatic ignitions tend to have ignition problems after a few years of use.
Some situations might require you to invert or tilt the torch to reach the nooks and crooks especially in congested areas. Always go for a torch that doesn’t flare or blow-out when placed in different angles.
Buying this type of torch is an investment so ensure you get a multifunctional one to get the most out of it.
Safety is a given. When buying the best torch for soldering copper pipe, choose one with flame lock options, trigger locks and adjustment valves for your own safety. Ensure all these features are not only easy to operate but also practical for ease and convenience of use.
Always go for torches with warranties from the brand or company. The warranty will come in handy when it comes to repairs and replacements in case you get faulty torch.
Your work can be a piece of art with the right tools. In this case, choosing the best torch for soldering copper pipe plays a significant role when it comes to reliability and expertise.